Presentations I have given include:
- PEIC 2015 Computational Thinking Conference
- Transforming your Classroom with Tech June 27 2012: Link
- PLANE Festival of Learning October 20th 2012: Link
- PLANE Virtual Worlds and Education TeachMeet October 24: Link
- Southern Cross University HSIE (Human Society and It’s Environment) Lecture Semester 1 2013: Link
- Mid North Coast Middle Executive: Digital Technology and Composing NSW English Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum
- MacICT Virtual Worlds in Education Sim-on-a-Stick Teacher Professional Learning Workshop Day August 24, 2013 : Link to John Tuffsy blog post teacher Secondary Computing Studies, Trinity Grammar School; Simon Borget DEC High School teacher Storify link
Jacka, L & Booth, K (2015), Students as Designers of Virtual World Learning Environments. In K. Terry & A. Cheney (Eds.), Utilizing Virtual and Personal Learning Environments for Optimal Learning (pp. 46-66)Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA: IGA Global.
Booth, Kate (2014), Virtual worlds in action [online]. Scan: The Journal For Educators, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp.6-13.
Jacka, L & Booth, K 2012, ‘What about the firewall? Creating virtual worlds in a public primary school using Sim-on-a-Stick’, Australian Educational Computing, vol.27, no. 2, pp. 13-17.
Jacka, L & Booth, K 2012, ‘Pre-service teachers designing virtual world learning environments’, International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 16-26.
Awards and Accomplishments:
Only pre-service teacher in NSW selected into PLANE Highly Accomplished ICT Educator Program
Australian Council for Computers in Education: Best Conference Paper Award ACEC 2012
MANSW Teacher Education Student Prize 2013